Man airlifted to hospital after collision with lorry in Little Torrington
The crash occurred this afternoon (Fri) at around 2pm.
A MALE casualty has been airlifted to Derriford Hospital after his car was involved in a collision with a lorry today (Fri).
Police were called to the scene at around 2pm today after reports of a collision involving a silver Peugeot 106 and a Volvo lorry on the A386 at Little Torrington.
Two fire engines from Bideford and one from Torrington were scrambled to the scene.
The road was closed from Orford Mill to Hatherleigh as fire crews worked to cut the male driver of the Peugeot from the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the casualty was airlifted to Derriford hospital with ‘life-changing injuries’.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI