Man airlifted to hospital after collision with lorry in Little Torrington
The crash occurred this afternoon (Fri) at around 2pm.
A MALE casualty has been airlifted to Derriford Hospital after his car was involved in a collision with a lorry today (Fri).
Police were called to the scene at around 2pm today after reports of a collision involving a silver Peugeot 106 and a Volvo lorry on the A386 at Little Torrington.
Two fire engines from Bideford and one from Torrington were scrambled to the scene.
The road was closed from Orford Mill to Hatherleigh as fire crews worked to cut the male driver of the Peugeot from the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the casualty was airlifted to Derriford hospital with ‘life-changing injuries’.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses