Man airlifted to hospital after collision with lorry in Little Torrington
The crash occurred this afternoon (Fri) at around 2pm.
A MALE casualty has been airlifted to Derriford Hospital after his car was involved in a collision with a lorry today (Fri).
Police were called to the scene at around 2pm today after reports of a collision involving a silver Peugeot 106 and a Volvo lorry on the A386 at Little Torrington.
Two fire engines from Bideford and one from Torrington were scrambled to the scene.
The road was closed from Orford Mill to Hatherleigh as fire crews worked to cut the male driver of the Peugeot from the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the casualty was airlifted to Derriford hospital with ‘life-changing injuries’.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure