Man airlifted to hospital after collision with lorry in Little Torrington
The crash occurred this afternoon (Fri) at around 2pm.
A MALE casualty has been airlifted to Derriford Hospital after his car was involved in a collision with a lorry today (Fri).
Police were called to the scene at around 2pm today after reports of a collision involving a silver Peugeot 106 and a Volvo lorry on the A386 at Little Torrington.
Two fire engines from Bideford and one from Torrington were scrambled to the scene.
The road was closed from Orford Mill to Hatherleigh as fire crews worked to cut the male driver of the Peugeot from the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the casualty was airlifted to Derriford hospital with ‘life-changing injuries’.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 9 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 10 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal