Makeover for South Molton scout hut
SOUTH Molton Scout Hut has had a makeover thanks to local police and the community. The building in Southley Road has been blighted with graffiti for some time and for some time the town s neighbourhood policing team has been keen to get it cleared up and
SOUTH Molton Scout Hut has had a makeover thanks to local police and the community.
The building in Southley Road has been blighted with graffiti for some time and for some time the town's neighbourhood policing team has been keen to get it cleared up and support the Scout group in refurbishing the outside of their building.
Funding came from Safer North Devon along with the South Molton and District Crime Prevention Panel, while supplies were provided by the town branch of Jewson's.
The money has already enabled the team to clean up the area of Market Street as part of South Molton Town Council's Town Hall regeneration project.
You may also want to watch:
The repainting has meant a dramatic improvement for the scout hut, with a greatly improved view from Central Park, which itself is set to undergo improvement works.
The policing team also hope to work with the trustees to complete a similar project at South Molton Swimming Pool in the near future.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 5 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 6 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 10 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer