Makeover for South Molton scout hut
SOUTH Molton Scout Hut has had a makeover thanks to local police and the community. The building in Southley Road has been blighted with graffiti for some time and for some time the town s neighbourhood policing team has been keen to get it cleared up and
SOUTH Molton Scout Hut has had a makeover thanks to local police and the community.
The building in Southley Road has been blighted with graffiti for some time and for some time the town's neighbourhood policing team has been keen to get it cleared up and support the Scout group in refurbishing the outside of their building.
Funding came from Safer North Devon along with the South Molton and District Crime Prevention Panel, while supplies were provided by the town branch of Jewson's.
The money has already enabled the team to clean up the area of Market Street as part of South Molton Town Council's Town Hall regeneration project.
You may also want to watch:
The repainting has meant a dramatic improvement for the scout hut, with a greatly improved view from Central Park, which itself is set to undergo improvement works.
The policing team also hope to work with the trustees to complete a similar project at South Molton Swimming Pool in the near future.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president