Makeover for South Molton scout hut
SOUTH Molton Scout Hut has had a makeover thanks to local police and the community. The building in Southley Road has been blighted with graffiti for some time and for some time the town s neighbourhood policing team has been keen to get it cleared up and
SOUTH Molton Scout Hut has had a makeover thanks to local police and the community.
The building in Southley Road has been blighted with graffiti for some time and for some time the town's neighbourhood policing team has been keen to get it cleared up and support the Scout group in refurbishing the outside of their building.
Funding came from Safer North Devon along with the South Molton and District Crime Prevention Panel, while supplies were provided by the town branch of Jewson's.
The money has already enabled the team to clean up the area of Market Street as part of South Molton Town Council's Town Hall regeneration project.
You may also want to watch:
The repainting has meant a dramatic improvement for the scout hut, with a greatly improved view from Central Park, which itself is set to undergo improvement works.
The policing team also hope to work with the trustees to complete a similar project at South Molton Swimming Pool in the near future.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year