Make your Race for Life count
Barnstaple race manager appeals to participants to return sponsorship money.
THE organiser of Barnstaple’s Cancer Research UK Race for Life is appealing to women who took part in this year’s event to make every step count – by returning their sponsorship money.
Event manager, Sam Beare, is encouraging the 1,575 participants who entered the event at the Tarka Tennis Centre on July 8 to make one last dash for cash.
Last year, a third of the women who took part in annual fund-raiser failed to return any sponsorship money.
Sam said: “Race for Life in Barnstaple was a fantastic event. We want to say a heart-felt thanks to everyone who took part or supported our participants, as well as the wonderful volunteers who helped make it happen.
You may also want to watch:
“Now the big day is over, we are asking our supporters to take one last step – by returning the money they have raised so we can go on funding life-saving research into 200 types of cancer.”
The money raised helps Cancer Research UK to fund the work of more than 4,000 doctors, nurses and scientists who are dedicated to beating cancer.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 6 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple
“Many people don’t realise that their entry fee only covers the cost of the event,” added Sam, who hopes Barnstaple will be able to hit the �74,000 target.
“It’s the sponsorship money that really makes a difference. So, whatever the amount, we’re asking everyone to make every effort to return their sponsorship money as soon as possible. It can be paid in online, by phone or by cheque.”
For information on returning sponsorship money, or to make a donation, visit www.raceforlife.org.