Make sure you have your say on region's future, says MP
NORTH Devon MP Nick Harvey is urging people to have their say on the joint core strategy when the plans are put to the public over the next few weeks. For North Devon this includes the proposed building of some 10,000 new houses, a move which Mr Harvey s
NORTH Devon MP Nick Harvey is urging people to have their say on the joint core strategy when the plans are put to the public over the next few weeks.
For North Devon this includes the proposed building of some 10,000 new houses, a move which Mr Harvey says will have an enormous affect on the area and so needs to be carefully considered.
"We are all aware housing is in great demand in North Devon," he said.
"When it comes to building in rural areas, however, it is essential we give careful thought to the impact on our communities and the ability of the infrastructure and services to handle additional residents."
You may also want to watch:
The strategy, produced by North Devon and Torridge District Councils, outlines plans for the region between now and 2026. Exhibitions, giving people the opportunity to view the plans for the strategy, are being held in various locations (see below) in North Devon and Torridge.
Mr Harvey added: "There is no doubt 10,000 extra homes will dramatically alter the landscape of North Devon. The Liberal Democrats believe in local decision making and so I hope people will take this opportunity to have their say on the future of our local area - we must make sure local opinions are heard."
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
The draft strategy and proposals are also online and people can comment by visiting either www.northdevon.gov.uk/corestrategy or www.torridge.gov.uk/ldf.
Exhibitions are being held on the following dates:
(Today) Tuesday February 2: Woolsery Village Hall, 2-7pm.
Wednesday February 3: Howe Concert Hall, Torrington, 2- 7.30pm.
Thursday February 4: Market Hall, Holsworthy, 2-8pm.
Friday February 5: Barnstaple Pannier Market, 9am-3pm.
Saturday February 6: Lantern Centre, Ilfracombe, 10am-1pm.
Tuesday February 9: Windmill Lane, Northam, 2-8pm.
Saturday February 20:Green Lanes Shopping Centre, Barnstaple, 9am-5pm.
Sunday February 21: Lantern Centre, Ilfracombe, 10am-1pm.