Make-over for Ilfracombe church
Place of worship is fit for the 21st century
AN Ilfracombe Roman Catholic church has undergone a major makeover.
The four-month refurbishment of the Our Lady Star of the Sea church, on Runnacleave Road, began in October and was phased to enable the church to open for worship during Christmas.
The work involved an extensive refurbishment of the interior decoration and the upgrading and improving of the church heating and insulation systems.
A new floor was installed with under-floor heating allowing for a more economic way of heating the church and insulation was also installed on the inside of the existing roof, providing energy and money saving for the church.
You may also want to watch:
A new sound system, updated lighting with new and better positioned fittings, and new storage cabinets have also been added, while lighter congregational seating can now be easily stacked for storage and transfer.
The work was overseen by Exeter-based Grainge Architects.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
A spokesperson for the firm said: “This development has provided an improved worship centre, with better sound, seating and heating, and overall facilities.
“The transformation is stunning, but the beautiful key features of the original church have still been retained.”