Make centre happen
It is with great frustration and disappointment I note that the plans for the Bridge Centre in Bideford have been scrapped (“Shattered dreams for pioneering Bideford centre”, Gazette front page, September 5).
I believe this was a fantastic opportunity for our community that would have enhanced the quality of life of many in Bideford in a way that does not come along every day.
It is apparent from Sarah Howells’s article that there has been a level of confusion, misunderstanding and hearsay surrounding the handling of the application that would indicate to me poor communication and transparency on behalf of Torridge District Council and Redrow.
This opportunity deserves much, much more than that.
I would urge all parties involved to reconsider the decision taken and to take the necessary steps to work more closely together to see the realisation of a much needed, groundbreaking community centre.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs R Wickes
47 Chanter Road
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses