Major plans unveiled to upgrade West Buckland School
- Credit: David Wilson Partnership Limited
Planning application seeks to create a new study centre plus a 70-bedroom sixth form boarding house.
WEST Buckland School has submitted plans for a major upgrade to its campus, including a new Sixth Form boarding house.
The application submitted on behalf of the school by David Wilson Partnership architects details a new study centre which will house open plan learning spaces, library and IT resources over two floors. It will be used by all students across the senior school and will include a dedicated Sixth Form area.
It also covers plans for a state-of-the-art 70 study bedroom Sixth Form boarding house. If are approved, work on the project will begin over the summer with the development completed and ready for students in September 2015.
“This is an incredibly exciting and ambitious project that will bring many benefits for every day and boarding pupil at West Buckland School,” said West Buckland School Headmaster John Vick.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to provide our students with the very best facilities and the study centre will provide a first class learning environment for students across the senior school.
“The boarding house will be a superb facility, with single bedrooms and en suite facilities for boys and girls. The buildings will be built in close proximity and are designed to create a dynamic new hub to the campus that encourages close interaction and integration between our day and boarding students.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
“This development will provide students with a remarkable environment in which to learn, live and study. I am confident that if our plans are approved, we will provide the best facilities for sixth formers and younger pupils to be found anywhere in the South West and further afield.”