Major housing development planned for South Molton
Gullacombe proposal submitted to council
PLANS for a major 150-home housing development in South Molton have been submitted to council planners.
The proposals for the 20-acre “greenfield” site known as Gullacombe Valley have been submitted to North Devon Council by lead developer Elan Homes, in conjunction with Pearce Construction.
The development to the west of Station Road and east of Parsonage Lane would consist of terraced, semi-detached and detached houses, bungalows and apartments, together with garages and parking.
Fifty of the homes would be “affordable”.
You may also want to watch:
The blueprint also features a public open space provision, including a multi-use games area (MUGA) and children’s play area. It outlines various highway improvements such as access roads, cycleways and footways.
North Devon Council adopted a development brief for the site in 2008 but initial plans stalled soon after when prospective developers David McLean Homes went into administration as a result of the crash in the housing market.
- 1 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 2 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 5 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 6 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 7 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 8 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
The firm has since been bought by Elan Homes, a new company formed by former senior management at David McLean.
South Molton Town Council, which owns the majority of the land, signed a land option agreement with Elan in June 2010.
A period of public consultation ends on January 27.
The full plans can be viewed on the North Devon Council website www.northdevon.gov.uk under planning reference 51996.