Major eco homes plan for Barnstaple to be decided?
- Credit: Archant
Plans for 250 ‘green’ homes plus a business ‘innovation park’ at Mount Sandford Green go before councillors this Wednesday.
A £280million scheme for 250 ‘eco friendly’ homes plus a business park on the outskirts of Barnstaple go before councillors tomorrow (Wednesday).
Mount Sandford Green, as the proposed development on land between the Link Road and Portmore Golf Course is known, will be debated at this morning’s meeting of North Devon Council’s planning committee.
The recommendation is for approval and the 12 hectare site would become one of the largest ‘Passivhaus’ developments in Europe, filled with the German-made ‘green’ homes.
The application submitted by Loosemore also features space for an ‘innovation park’, with the potential for a variety of businesses.
You may also want to watch:
Find out the decisions from the meeting for this and other major plans for Barnstaple on our website at www.northdevongazette.co.uk
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 4 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 10 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts