Major eco homes plan for Barnstaple to be decided?
- Credit: Archant
Plans for 250 ‘green’ homes plus a business ‘innovation park’ at Mount Sandford Green go before councillors this Wednesday.
A £280million scheme for 250 ‘eco friendly’ homes plus a business park on the outskirts of Barnstaple go before councillors tomorrow (Wednesday).
Mount Sandford Green, as the proposed development on land between the Link Road and Portmore Golf Course is known, will be debated at this morning’s meeting of North Devon Council’s planning committee.
The recommendation is for approval and the 12 hectare site would become one of the largest ‘Passivhaus’ developments in Europe, filled with the German-made ‘green’ homes.
The application submitted by Loosemore also features space for an ‘innovation park’, with the potential for a variety of businesses.
Find out the decisions from the meeting for this and other major plans for Barnstaple on our website at www.northdevongazette.co.uk
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 3 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 4 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 5 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 6 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 7 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 8 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 9 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 10 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs