Asda said it is highly unlikely the pot of Brilliantly Buttery became contaminated during the production process but Theresa Stock said she wants more than the £15 off her next shop that the chain has offered. The 61-year-old had ordered two pots of Brilliantly Buttery with her internet shop and stored them in her fridge with the other perishables. She used the first but then just over three weeks later she fancied a bacon sandwich and opened the second pot - and said to her horror it was crawling with uninvited guests. She said: I spread the butter and then looked down and saw something move, then I looked again and could see this grey head coming up off it and there was more working their way along. I videoed it and when I looked at the tub there was a gap in the side and maggots coming out of it. The former school cook, who is disabled and housebound after suffering a brain haemorrhage, then found several had escaped and were crawling around her fridge. She said it had been cleaned before the shopping arrived and she felt she had no choice but to throw out all the food in there. Now she wants Asda to refund the £50 cost of the food she lost and also to consider a product recall and look at its hygiene practices. She said after pursuing Asda for two months it offered her £15 off her next shop, but she thinks this does not go far enough. She said: They said they hadnt told me to throw my food away. But to me it does not seem hygienic and I was a school cook back in the days when I could walk. They even sent me an email explaining what a maggot was I know what maggots are and they dont grow in my house, they grow where theyre preparing the food. Asda said: We take complaints of this nature very seriously and have rigorous controls in place to ensure our products meet the high standards our customers expect from us. We were sorry to hear of Ms Stocks complaint and carried out a full and thorough investigation with the supplier and a third party pest expert. We would like to reassure Ms Stocks that it is highly unlikely this product could be contaminated in this way during the manufacturing process.