The Barnstaple Macmillan Committee would like to thank everyone who held coffee mornings on our behalf in and around North Devon. In particular, our thanks to:
l Squires Fish ’n’ Chips, who raised �1,597.43 – a big thank-you to all who attended and contributed, and especially to the members of the Squires and Brend families.
l Marwood Hill Gardens, who along with “Sage the Owl” raised �1,741.03.
l Bensons Restaurant in Appledore who raised �2,010.
There were many more and our grateful thanks to all who supported the event.
A team of collectors also raised further funds in Marks & Spencer (our corporate partners for the WBCM) and the sum of �633.57 was collected. Many thanks also to Kevin Allen and the team at The Cedars Inn for hosting an event.
We also held a very successful charity quiz evening at Fullam Chinese Restaurant on Tuesday, September 25, which raised �980.75 – our thanks to James Li, Alan Davy and their staff, and to George Hammett, our quizmaster!
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 5 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 6 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 7 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 8 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 9 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 10 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
All monies raised will help those who are living with cancer, and their families.
Macmillan Cancer Support