The Barnstaple Macmillan Committee would like to thank everyone who held coffee mornings on our behalf in and around North Devon. In particular, our thanks to:
l Squires Fish ’n’ Chips, who raised �1,597.43 – a big thank-you to all who attended and contributed, and especially to the members of the Squires and Brend families.
l Marwood Hill Gardens, who along with “Sage the Owl” raised �1,741.03.
l Bensons Restaurant in Appledore who raised �2,010.
There were many more and our grateful thanks to all who supported the event.
You may also want to watch:
A team of collectors also raised further funds in Marks & Spencer (our corporate partners for the WBCM) and the sum of �633.57 was collected. Many thanks also to Kevin Allen and the team at The Cedars Inn for hosting an event.
We also held a very successful charity quiz evening at Fullam Chinese Restaurant on Tuesday, September 25, which raised �980.75 – our thanks to James Li, Alan Davy and their staff, and to George Hammett, our quizmaster!
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
All monies raised will help those who are living with cancer, and their families.
Macmillan Cancer Support