M&S to close Bideford outlet store
- Credit: Archant
The M&S Outlet store at Affinity Devon (formerly Atlantic Village) will be closing.
M&S confirmed the closure and said it would not be renewing its lease at the outlet shopping centre in Bideford next year.
John Dorrington, M&S head of region for the South West: “The decision not to renew our lease and therefore close our Outlet Store in Atlantic Village Bideford was a difficult one to make.
“Our 22 colleagues will all move to nearby stores including Barnstaple.”
Jean Sharples, Centre Manager at Affinity Devon, added: “We are sorry to hear of the closure of our M&S Outlet store, but are pleased to hear that the dedicated staff will be relocated to nearby stores.
You may also want to watch:
“We were aware that the M&S Outlet lease was up for renewal next year and are currently focusing on the future and looking forward to welcoming new tenants and creating the best outlet shopping experience for the customer and the community”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 6 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 7 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 8 New Trek Fest gives walkers a reward for their hike
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton