M&S girls strip off for chemo appeal
This is not just any old calendar – it’s a cheeky charity M&S calendar!
CHEEKY workers at Barnstaple’s Marks and Spencer hope to raise thousands of pounds for charity after posing naked in their own calendar.
Nearly 30 female members of staff from the High Street store shed their uniforms after hours to be pictured in a series of tasteful shots for the 2012 calendar, being sold in aid of the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
The daring photoshoot took place in different departments around the store and all of the pictures have been carefully taken with strategically-placed props to preserve the women’s modesty.
Staff gave their time for free, as did local photographer Julie Wicks and Barnstaple firm Toptown Printers, who have produced 800 copies of the calendar to help boost the campaign for a new chemotherapy unit and day centre at North Devon District Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Photographer Julie Wicks said: “The girls all put their time in for free and we had such a fun time doing it.
“I was pleased to be asked and to help produce such a good thing for a great cause and I’m very proud of it. I think all the women are as well.”
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 3 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 6 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
The calendar is part of a package of fund-raising activities that Barnstaple M&S workers have organised for the Chemotherapy Appeal, the store’s chosen local charity of the year.
An M&S spokesperson said: “The store’s employees are fully behind the appeal to raise funds for the North Devon Health Care Chemotherapy Unit.
“They have taken part in a wide range of fund raising activities, which has already helped to raise more than �8,000 for the appeal.”
Copies of the �5 calendar are available to buy at the store.