Lynton teenager breaks jaw in Woolacombe assault
DETECTIVES in North Devon are investigating an assault which left a 19-year-old Lynton man with a broken jaw. The incident happened at around 3am on Friday (July 24) in Barton Road, around 20 yards from main entrance of The Marisco Club, towards the beach
DETECTIVES in North Devon are investigating an assault which left a 19-year-old Lynton man with a broken jaw.
The incident happened at around 3am on Friday (July 24) in Barton Road, Woolacombe, around 20 yards from main entrance of The Marisco Club, towards the beach.
According to police, the victim was with a friend who became involved in a verbal altercation with another man. It is understood that when he attempted to separate the two, another man intervened and punched the victim in the face. The single blow fractured his jaw in two places.
Police are looking for two men in connection with the incident; one is described as being about 20-to-25-years-old, of medium to slim build, and 6 ft 4 inches tall. He had black, neck length hair.
You may also want to watch:
The second man was in his late teens and was about 5 ft 10. He had short, spiked, black hair and was wearing a green top.
Anyone who witnessed the assault or can name the suspect is asked to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 quoting crime reference CI/09/890.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 3 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021