Lynton teenager breaks jaw in Woolacombe assault
DETECTIVES in North Devon are investigating an assault which left a 19-year-old Lynton man with a broken jaw. The incident happened at around 3am on Friday (July 24) in Barton Road, around 20 yards from main entrance of The Marisco Club, towards the beach
DETECTIVES in North Devon are investigating an assault which left a 19-year-old Lynton man with a broken jaw.
The incident happened at around 3am on Friday (July 24) in Barton Road, Woolacombe, around 20 yards from main entrance of The Marisco Club, towards the beach.
According to police, the victim was with a friend who became involved in a verbal altercation with another man. It is understood that when he attempted to separate the two, another man intervened and punched the victim in the face. The single blow fractured his jaw in two places.
Police are looking for two men in connection with the incident; one is described as being about 20-to-25-years-old, of medium to slim build, and 6 ft 4 inches tall. He had black, neck length hair.
You may also want to watch:
The second man was in his late teens and was about 5 ft 10. He had short, spiked, black hair and was wearing a green top.
Anyone who witnessed the assault or can name the suspect is asked to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 quoting crime reference CI/09/890.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 8 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes