Lynton teenager breaks jaw in Woolacombe assault
DETECTIVES in North Devon are investigating an assault which left a 19-year-old Lynton man with a broken jaw. The incident happened at around 3am on Friday (July 24) in Barton Road, around 20 yards from main entrance of The Marisco Club, towards the beach
DETECTIVES in North Devon are investigating an assault which left a 19-year-old Lynton man with a broken jaw.
The incident happened at around 3am on Friday (July 24) in Barton Road, Woolacombe, around 20 yards from main entrance of The Marisco Club, towards the beach.
According to police, the victim was with a friend who became involved in a verbal altercation with another man. It is understood that when he attempted to separate the two, another man intervened and punched the victim in the face. The single blow fractured his jaw in two places.
Police are looking for two men in connection with the incident; one is described as being about 20-to-25-years-old, of medium to slim build, and 6 ft 4 inches tall. He had black, neck length hair.
You may also want to watch:
The second man was in his late teens and was about 5 ft 10. He had short, spiked, black hair and was wearing a green top.
Anyone who witnessed the assault or can name the suspect is asked to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 quoting crime reference CI/09/890.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 3 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone