Lynton teenager breaks jaw in Woolacombe assault
DETECTIVES in North Devon are investigating an assault which left a 19-year-old Lynton man with a broken jaw. The incident happened at around 3am on Friday (July 24) in Barton Road, around 20 yards from main entrance of The Marisco Club, towards the beach
DETECTIVES in North Devon are investigating an assault which left a 19-year-old Lynton man with a broken jaw.
The incident happened at around 3am on Friday (July 24) in Barton Road, Woolacombe, around 20 yards from main entrance of The Marisco Club, towards the beach.
According to police, the victim was with a friend who became involved in a verbal altercation with another man. It is understood that when he attempted to separate the two, another man intervened and punched the victim in the face. The single blow fractured his jaw in two places.
Police are looking for two men in connection with the incident; one is described as being about 20-to-25-years-old, of medium to slim build, and 6 ft 4 inches tall. He had black, neck length hair.
The second man was in his late teens and was about 5 ft 10. He had short, spiked, black hair and was wearing a green top.
Anyone who witnessed the assault or can name the suspect is asked to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 quoting crime reference CI/09/890.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 6 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 9 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 10 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs