Lynton teenager breaks jaw in Woolacombe assault
DETECTIVES in North Devon are investigating an assault which left a 19-year-old Lynton man with a broken jaw. The incident happened at around 3am on Friday (July 24) in Barton Road, around 20 yards from main entrance of The Marisco Club, towards the beach
DETECTIVES in North Devon are investigating an assault which left a 19-year-old Lynton man with a broken jaw.
The incident happened at around 3am on Friday (July 24) in Barton Road, Woolacombe, around 20 yards from main entrance of The Marisco Club, towards the beach.
According to police, the victim was with a friend who became involved in a verbal altercation with another man. It is understood that when he attempted to separate the two, another man intervened and punched the victim in the face. The single blow fractured his jaw in two places.
Police are looking for two men in connection with the incident; one is described as being about 20-to-25-years-old, of medium to slim build, and 6 ft 4 inches tall. He had black, neck length hair.
You may also want to watch:
The second man was in his late teens and was about 5 ft 10. He had short, spiked, black hair and was wearing a green top.
Anyone who witnessed the assault or can name the suspect is asked to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 quoting crime reference CI/09/890.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody