Lynton’s ‘Short and Sweet’ ransacked
- Credit: Archant
Police increase presence in the area after suspected organised burglary
Police believe a recent burglary in Lynton could be linked to telephone lines in the area being cut.
Short and Sweet on Lee Road was ransacked on Tuesday night after the lock on the wooden front door was drilled.
Two days earlier, a telegraph pole was reportedly climbed and five telephone wires to businesses cut.
“We’ve increased our presence out there overnight,” said Ilfracombe’s police sector inspector Roger Bartlett.
You may also want to watch:
“This seems quite a professional job. We’ve not seen a series like this but we a re monitoring to make sure there are not further incidents.
“We are liaising with Devon and Avon police about any potential links to crime over there.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
If you have information on the incidents, ring 101 and quote case number CL/13/86.