Lynton’s ‘Short and Sweet’ ransacked
- Credit: Archant
Police increase presence in the area after suspected organised burglary
Police believe a recent burglary in Lynton could be linked to telephone lines in the area being cut.
Short and Sweet on Lee Road was ransacked on Tuesday night after the lock on the wooden front door was drilled.
Two days earlier, a telegraph pole was reportedly climbed and five telephone wires to businesses cut.
“We’ve increased our presence out there overnight,” said Ilfracombe’s police sector inspector Roger Bartlett.
You may also want to watch:
“This seems quite a professional job. We’ve not seen a series like this but we a re monitoring to make sure there are not further incidents.
“We are liaising with Devon and Avon police about any potential links to crime over there.”
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
If you have information on the incidents, ring 101 and quote case number CL/13/86.