Two steam engines at Lynton and Barnstaple Railway Autumn Gala
- Credit: Tony Nicholson
The Lynton & Barnstaple Railway will be holding its Autumn Gala at Woody Bay Station on Saturday and Sunday, September 28-29.
It will be welcoming back the replica of one of the handsome locomotives built for the L&B by Manning, Wardle & Co of Leeds, installed by the Ffestiniog Railway in North Wales.
It will join the resident Lynton & Barnstaple loco Lyn, a replica of the unique American engine built for the original L&B by Baldwin Locomotive Works of Philadelphia in 1898.
The railway has just taken delivery of another rebuilt original L&B carriage in addition to the four already constructed for the line by volunteers in Essex.
Visitors will be able to see two L&B trains in operation together.
You may also want to watch:
The gala will be open from 10am to 5pm on both days. Only disabled drivers will be able to park at Woody Bay itself over the weekend because of limited space but there will be a free park-and-ride service from Blackmoor Gate and a free bus from Lynton.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 4 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 5 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 6 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 10 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner