Luxury hotel goes up for sale
Sprawling hotel, country club and golf course is on the market with a multi-million pound price tag.
A LUXURY hotel and county club has gone on sale with a multi-million pound asking price.
In August last year, owners of the Highbullen Hotel and Country Club, near Umberleigh, announced a plan to restore the 130-year-old county house to its former glory with a two-year facelift.
But the Chittlehamholt business is now being marketed by joint agents Savills and Knight Frank for a guide price of �3.75 million.
The property consists of the main house, leisure facilities, guest accommodation and cottages as well as an 18-hole 68-par golf course.
You may also want to watch:
Originally built in 1879, Highbullen House features 11 en-suite bedrooms, a large entrance and reception hall, library, snooker room, cellar bar, restaurant and commercial kitchen.
Also included in the price is an additional block with 19 en-suite bedrooms; two three and four-bedroom cottages; and a pavilion with 20-metre swimming pool, sauna, steam and spa pool, fully equipped gymnasium, dance studio, golf simulator, pro shop, and a function suite with kitchens and bar.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
Martin Rogers, director at Savills Exeter, said: “This is an excellent opportunity to acquire a truly unique property in a stunning part of Devon.
“In addition to the hotel and challenging golf course there are extensive leisure facilities and an impressive function room.
“There are 80 acres of woodland and 900 yards of single bank fishing on the River Mole.”