Lundy Splash In! takes photography to new depths
- Credit: Mike Deaton
Entries are now open for annual underwater photo competition.
AN under water photography competition is taking place in the waters around Lundy Island this weekend.
The fifth annual Splash In! event takes place on Saturday, with plenty of great prizes up for grabs.
Divers will be able to explore the island’s many reefs and wrecks, including the Iona II, a Clyde built paddle steamer that sank off Lundy island in 1864.
An Iona II Dive Trail is being launched on the day to give divers more information about the vessel’s history and resident marine life.
You may also want to watch:
The Splash In! competition starts at 8am with the day’s entries judged after 5pm, followed by a barbecue on the island.
Free camping is available for all participants and those wishing to register or ask about passage to the island should email warden Beccy MacDonald at email@example.com
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash