Luminites to perform at Barnstaple Christmas lights switch-on
- Credit: Archant
Britain’s Got Talent finalists to join Stooshe in the Square on Sunday, November 24.
THE organisers of Barnstaple’s Christmas lights switch-on event have announced another top act for the must-see show on Sunday, November 24.
Britain’s Got Talent finalists Luminites have been booked alongside up-and-coming girl group Stooshe.
Luminites took this year’s TV talent show by storm, wowing judges with innovative performances of old classics such as Hurts So Good and To Love Somebody.
The former buskers have since gained high profile support from starts including Will.I.Am, The Wanted and Little Mix and have signed to Sony following a sell-out three-date tour in the summer.
You may also want to watch:
The North Devon date will coincide with the launch of the London foursome’s debut single Do Something on November 17.
The band said: “Everything we’ve done and all the success we’ve achieved so far has been down to us putting ourselves out there and making the most of everything that’s come our way and that’s why this song means so much to us.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
“We are so excited to be releasing our first ever single and hope people enjoy it.”
Barnstaple’s switch-on event is being hosted by Barnstaple Town Centre Management and BID Barnstaple to signal the start of late night Christmas shopping in the town.
The event, sponsored by local businesses including the North Devon Gazette, has attracted top talent to the town in the last six years, including soul singer Beverley Knight, who performed last year. Joss Stone, The Saturdays, Noisettes, Newton Faulkner, Dionne Bromfield have also helped give Barnstaple an enviable reputation for attracting top talent.
Dane Stanley, chairman of BID Barnstaple, said he hoped the town was set for its best switch on yet.
He said: “The BID team has always worked hard to build on Barnstaple’s reputation for delivering a great Christmas switch on.
“We recognise the importance such an event carries in putting our town on the map.”
A full programme of events and times will be published in the North Devon Gazette on November 20.