Lucky escape for driver after rock thrown from bridge
Police are appealing for witnesses to help identify two young people spotted on Torridge Bridge on Sunday.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a rock was thrown off the Torridge Bridge at a moving vehicle on Sunday afternoon, smashing its windscreen.
Miraculously the driver escaped unhurt but Sgt Paul Searle of the Bideford neighbourhood beat team said it could potentially have been a fatal incident.
The car was travelling under the bridge towards Westleigh at 2.15pm.
Two young people in dark clothing were spotted on the bridge but despite a search, police were unable to locate the suspects.
You may also want to watch:
“We want these people to understand that this could have been a life threatening incident,” said Sgt Searle.
“This is a serious situation; if they are caught they will be arrested and brought in for interview.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
Anyone with any information is urged to call Police 101 quoting crime reference: CB/12/2130 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.