Love your library this week – and meet Gazette reporters!
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Events taking place across North Devon for National Libraries Day, and why not call in for one of the North Devon Gazette drop in sessions too?
LOVE your local library this week as North Devon joins a celebration of all things libraries – and meet your local North Devon Gazette reporter too.
To mark National Libraries Day on Saturday, a variety of events will be taking place across the region.
The Gazette is supporting the celebration by launching a series of regular drop in sessions at some of the main local libraries.
Readers are invited to go along for a chat to a reporter about something they would like to see in the paper, be it potential stories, events or community activities.
You may also want to watch:
Join Ilfracombe area reporter Tony Gussin at the town library tomorrow (Thursday) from 3pm, or meet Barnstaple reporter Elliot Anderton at Barnstaple Library on Friday from 9.30-11am. Bideford reporter Sarah Howells will be at Bideford Library from 4pm on Friday.
For National Libraries Day, Barnstaple is hosting a Love Libraries papercraft workshop on Saturday from 10am-12noon and again from 1.30 to 3.30pm, especially for Valentines Day - make your own handmade Valentine, suitable for ages 12-plus. Booking is essential - call 01271 388724.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
In Bideford, the library moves to Café du Parc in the Burton Art Gallery on Saturday, to host a Book Chat afternoon from 2-4pm. Re-discover a love of books or chat to others about books you love.
Ilfracombe is staging a National Libraries Day Quiz for seven to 11-year-olds tomorrow (Thursday) from 5-6pm. Test your wits in teams of four with a fun children’s quiz, plus a fabulous prize for the winning team. Booking essential - drop in or call 01271 862388.
Anyone joining the library or using their library card before Saturday will be in with a chance to win a family weekend at Butlins Minehead from February 21-23.
Torrington is running a free Children’s Quiz on Saturday and up to February 28, for eight to 11-year-olds, with a prize draw on March 1.
Braunton is holding a free drop in Children’s Craft Session on Saturday from 10.30am-12.30pm. At the same time there will be a signing of The Bridge, a book about dyslexia by local author Sue Boyd, working with children from Ilfracombe Junior School.