Louise is running to recovery after broken leg
- Credit: Archant
A Bideford painter and decorator who broke her leg has been running her way to recovery.
Louise Jeffery was always fit and active and on her feet all day for work, until she broke her leg in June last year and had to spend six weeks in plaster.
While she continued to attend the gym during her recovery, it wasn’t until the launch of a new running club when she really found her feet.
Although Louise had been a member of the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club as a child she had not done any serious running in many years.
With the new Torridge Pool running club, she managed to return to the once-loved and long-forgotten sport.
You may also want to watch:
Louise said: “We have only been running for nine weeks, twice a week, slowly building up the miles but I have seen such an improvement with the strength of my leg and it has helped me get back into full-time work so much more quickly.
“It has helped tremendously and the support you get from other members and the staff who really motivate you and guide you with running style and breathing.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
“Although you are participating in a group run, it actually feels like you are having a one-to-one session, I feel this is because the 1610 Torridge Pool instructors are constantly by your side.”
Louise’s confidence as a runner has quickly improved and she now wants to set new challenges for herself.
“We have completed a 5km park run and I would love to do a 10km or even a Tough Mudder event,” she said,
Torridge Pool running club is available on Mondays and Thursdays at 6pm-7pm. For more information call 01237 471794.