Lottery windfall for Barnstaple youth project
The Starfish NDH project gets almost �300,000 for youth workers at Forches.
YOUNG people in Barnstaple have been celebrating after the popular Starfish NDH project run by North Devon Homes received almost �300,000 from the Big Lottery.
The money will enable the housing association to extend the work it is doing in partnership with the Forches Community Association.
The �295,029 will ensure dedicated youth workers can continue to deliver the multi-agency project, which engages with young people aged nine to 16.
It provides learning and training opportunities, youth clubs, adventure weekends and a variety of life experiences.
You may also want to watch:
The young people are actively encouraged to take on responsibilities in the running of the programme.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl