Lottery windfall for Barnstaple youth project
The Starfish NDH project gets almost �300,000 for youth workers at Forches.
YOUNG people in Barnstaple have been celebrating after the popular Starfish NDH project run by North Devon Homes received almost �300,000 from the Big Lottery.
The money will enable the housing association to extend the work it is doing in partnership with the Forches Community Association.
The �295,029 will ensure dedicated youth workers can continue to deliver the multi-agency project, which engages with young people aged nine to 16.
It provides learning and training opportunities, youth clubs, adventure weekends and a variety of life experiences.
You may also want to watch:
The young people are actively encouraged to take on responsibilities in the running of the programme.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand