Lots to do at Barnstaple museum this half-term
CHILDREN are being invited to get creative at a series of free fun arts and crafts play days being held at the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon this half term. Young visitors will have the opportunity to learn some exciting new art and craft technique
CHILDREN are being invited to get creative at a series of free fun arts and crafts play days being held at the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon this half term.
Young visitors will have the opportunity to learn some exciting new art and craft techniques and create their very own masterpieces.
On Wednesday, October 28, there'll, be a chance to make a working volcano and find out about sgraffito, a technique where a top layer of colour is scratched to reveal the colour beneath.
Rocket building and ghostly art workshops take place on Thursday 29 from 2-4pm, just in time for Halloween.
You may also want to watch:
Julian Vayne, museum heritage access officer said: "The museum isn't just about history; it's also about science and this is a great opportunity for children and young people to come and discover this for themselves.
"There is no need to book a place - just come along on the day and join in the fun."
- 1 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 4 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 5 Veterans Charity to host Charity Car Wash at Barnstaple HQ
- 6 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 7 Motorcyclist denied dangerous driving after quad bike crash
- 8 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Hospice volunteer reaches out to 325 bereaved people during lockdown
On Wednesday, November 11, the museum will also be hosting a special day of science workshops for pre-school children, with experiments about the elements, earth, fire, air and water.
There are three free sessions during the day at 9.45am, 11.30am and 1.30pm but places are limited so book early by calling (01271) 346747.