Lots to do at Barnstaple museum this half-term
CHILDREN are being invited to get creative at a series of free fun arts and crafts play days being held at the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon this half term. Young visitors will have the opportunity to learn some exciting new art and craft technique
CHILDREN are being invited to get creative at a series of free fun arts and crafts play days being held at the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon this half term.
Young visitors will have the opportunity to learn some exciting new art and craft techniques and create their very own masterpieces.
On Wednesday, October 28, there'll, be a chance to make a working volcano and find out about sgraffito, a technique where a top layer of colour is scratched to reveal the colour beneath.
Rocket building and ghostly art workshops take place on Thursday 29 from 2-4pm, just in time for Halloween.
You may also want to watch:
Julian Vayne, museum heritage access officer said: "The museum isn't just about history; it's also about science and this is a great opportunity for children and young people to come and discover this for themselves.
"There is no need to book a place - just come along on the day and join in the fun."
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 7 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 8 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 9 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
- 10 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
On Wednesday, November 11, the museum will also be hosting a special day of science workshops for pre-school children, with experiments about the elements, earth, fire, air and water.
There are three free sessions during the day at 9.45am, 11.30am and 1.30pm but places are limited so book early by calling (01271) 346747.