Lots to do at Barnstaple museum this half-term
CHILDREN are being invited to get creative at a series of free fun arts and crafts play days being held at the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon this half term. Young visitors will have the opportunity to learn some exciting new art and craft technique
CHILDREN are being invited to get creative at a series of free fun arts and crafts play days being held at the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon this half term.
Young visitors will have the opportunity to learn some exciting new art and craft techniques and create their very own masterpieces.
On Wednesday, October 28, there'll, be a chance to make a working volcano and find out about sgraffito, a technique where a top layer of colour is scratched to reveal the colour beneath.
Rocket building and ghostly art workshops take place on Thursday 29 from 2-4pm, just in time for Halloween.
You may also want to watch:
Julian Vayne, museum heritage access officer said: "The museum isn't just about history; it's also about science and this is a great opportunity for children and young people to come and discover this for themselves.
"There is no need to book a place - just come along on the day and join in the fun."
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 8 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
On Wednesday, November 11, the museum will also be hosting a special day of science workshops for pre-school children, with experiments about the elements, earth, fire, air and water.
There are three free sessions during the day at 9.45am, 11.30am and 1.30pm but places are limited so book early by calling (01271) 346747.