Lorry takes a turn for the worse
HGV becomes stuck at the top of steep Bideford street.
A LORRY driver took a turn for the worse – and managed to lodge his vehicle at the top of a steep Bideford street.
The articulated lorry spent at least an hour stuck at the top of Bridge Street, opposite the pannier market yesterday afternoon (Tuesday).
Police were called to assist at around 2.30pm and it is understood that the driver eventually managed to free the white HGV and reverse it from the area via Buttgarden Street.
Susannah Wade of the Old Bridge Antiques Centre on the corner of Bridge Street and Grenville Street said the lorry was unable to go forward or reverse and had become lodged against railings.
You may also want to watch:
“The road was completely blocked; it’s a common problem,” she said.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park