Lorry takes a turn for the worse
HGV becomes stuck at the top of steep Bideford street.
A LORRY driver took a turn for the worse – and managed to lodge his vehicle at the top of a steep Bideford street.
The articulated lorry spent at least an hour stuck at the top of Bridge Street, opposite the pannier market yesterday afternoon (Tuesday).
Police were called to assist at around 2.30pm and it is understood that the driver eventually managed to free the white HGV and reverse it from the area via Buttgarden Street.
Susannah Wade of the Old Bridge Antiques Centre on the corner of Bridge Street and Grenville Street said the lorry was unable to go forward or reverse and had become lodged against railings.
You may also want to watch:
“The road was completely blocked; it’s a common problem,” she said.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment