Lorry drivers have ‘narrow’ escape
Reader captures the scene as vehicle completely blocks quiet country lane
A LORRY driver and his passenger gave a whole new meaning to the phrase “narrow escape” when their vehicle overturned in a quiet country lane.
The box van completely blocked the road between Goodleigh and Gunn for around several hours on Saturday.
Reader Ann Turner captured the scene near Middle Dean Farm as the occupants climbed onto the side of their upturned vehicle in an attempt to reach a mobile phone signal and alert emergency services.
It is thought that the lorry – firmly wedged on its side at a 45 degree angle – suffered a burst tyre.
You may also want to watch:
Police said no injuries reported and that diversions were in place before the vehicle was eventually recovered at around 4.15pm.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety