Lorry drivers have ‘narrow’ escape
Reader captures the scene as vehicle completely blocks quiet country lane
A LORRY driver and his passenger gave a whole new meaning to the phrase “narrow escape” when their vehicle overturned in a quiet country lane.
The box van completely blocked the road between Goodleigh and Gunn for around several hours on Saturday.
Reader Ann Turner captured the scene near Middle Dean Farm as the occupants climbed onto the side of their upturned vehicle in an attempt to reach a mobile phone signal and alert emergency services.
It is thought that the lorry – firmly wedged on its side at a 45 degree angle – suffered a burst tyre.
You may also want to watch:
Police said no injuries reported and that diversions were in place before the vehicle was eventually recovered at around 4.15pm.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack