Lorry and car collide on A3072 near Holsworthy
- Credit: Archant
One person was airlifted to hospital after the collision between Holsworthy and Hatherleigh this afternoon.
EIGHT people were injured with one airlifted to hospital after a collision between a lorry and a car near Holsworthy at around 1pm today (Mon).
Police, fire and ambulance services were called to the scene on the A3072 after a white Volvo artic lorry registered to Sidmouth and a black Vauxhall Zafira registered to St Helen’s in Merseyside.
A police spokesman said the Vauxhall was on its side in a hedge when officers arrived at the scene, with the driver still inside.
Fire fighters from Holsworthy, Hatherleigh and Topsham, as well as the heavy rescue equipment from Middlemore worked to stabilise the vehicles and cut the casualty from the car.
You may also want to watch:
Police could not confirm which casualty was airlifted to hospital. All of the other casualties were treated on the scene.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up