Looking at life at Lee
LOOKING for something more in the way of pub entertainment than the usual fare of darts and karaoke? If you looking for some answers, or at least attempts at answers, to life s age-old questions, then The Grampus Inn at Lee may have something to offer.
LOOKING for something more in the way of pub entertainment than the usual fare of darts and karaoke?
If you looking for some answers, or at least attempts at answers, to life's age-old questions, then The Grampus Inn at Lee may have something to offer.
Starting next Monday, June 15, and continuing on Mondays at roughly monthly intervals, customers are invited to join in Agnostics Anonymous, providing open discussion over a pint or a glass of wine on some fundamental issues - such as the purpose of life, the existence of God and the validity of the world's major religions. Taking part will be, on the one hand, pub landlord Bill Harvey and, on the other, the Vicar of Lee, Woolacombe and Mortehoe Rev Giles King-Smith.
"Everyone's welcome," says Bill. "Come along with an open mind, a willingness to listen and make your contribution!"
You may also want to watch:
Discussion will start at around 8 pm on the following Mondays over the summer: June 15, July 27, August 17 and September 7.
Another popular feature at The Grampus, the Open Acoustic Night, has switched from Saturdays to Fridays at 9pm. "This should help those living locally who don't want to miss out, even when they need to be away for the weekend, " says landlord Bill.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 8 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland