Looking at life at Lee
LOOKING for something more in the way of pub entertainment than the usual fare of darts and karaoke? If you looking for some answers, or at least attempts at answers, to life s age-old questions, then The Grampus Inn at Lee may have something to offer.
LOOKING for something more in the way of pub entertainment than the usual fare of darts and karaoke?
If you looking for some answers, or at least attempts at answers, to life's age-old questions, then The Grampus Inn at Lee may have something to offer.
Starting next Monday, June 15, and continuing on Mondays at roughly monthly intervals, customers are invited to join in Agnostics Anonymous, providing open discussion over a pint or a glass of wine on some fundamental issues - such as the purpose of life, the existence of God and the validity of the world's major religions. Taking part will be, on the one hand, pub landlord Bill Harvey and, on the other, the Vicar of Lee, Woolacombe and Mortehoe Rev Giles King-Smith.
"Everyone's welcome," says Bill. "Come along with an open mind, a willingness to listen and make your contribution!"
You may also want to watch:
Discussion will start at around 8 pm on the following Mondays over the summer: June 15, July 27, August 17 and September 7.
Another popular feature at The Grampus, the Open Acoustic Night, has switched from Saturdays to Fridays at 9pm. "This should help those living locally who don't want to miss out, even when they need to be away for the weekend, " says landlord Bill.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 7 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 8 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 9 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 10 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge