Look at life in Northam
GLIMPSES of past life in Northam and a reunion of former schoolmates will be part of an open day being held at the community centre on May 1. The newly formed Northam History Group is inviting local residents to bring any information or old photos of thei
GLIMPSES of past life in Northam and a reunion of former schoolmates will be part of an open day being held at the community centre on May 1.
The newly formed Northam History Group is inviting local residents to bring any information or old photos of their homes or families with them.
It is also hoped former pupils when the community centre was a school will also go along for an informal reunion and old school photos and written reminiscences will be very welcome.
The model railway club will be demonstrating an excellent layout and there will also be a variety of indoor table top stalls and a raffle.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be opened by local councillor Andrew Eastman and his wife, Andrew having been a long supporter of the community centre, who this year gave the trustees their largest grant, which is being put towards new heaters.
The main reason for holding the open day is to raise funds to continue improving the centre for the benefit of Northam residents.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
The open day runs from 10am to 4pm.