Long lost dog returned to owners
A DOG that went missing two-and-a-half years ago has been reunited with its family thanks to the latest technology and Torridge District Council staff. The springer spaniel, known as Sammy, was collected by council staff last week as a stray, but after a
A DOG that went missing two-and-a-half years ago has been reunited with its family thanks to the latest technology and Torridge District Council staff.
The springer spaniel, known as Sammy, was collected by council staff last week as a stray, but after a check up was found to have been micro-chipped some time ago.
The Environmental Protection Team were able to telephone owners, who were delighted to hear that Sammy had been found alive and well after all this time.
The Torridge family, who asked not to be named, believe the dog had been stolen from their home outside the area. They said Sammy remembered his home very well, especially his special step where he used to wait for his bowl at dinner time.
You may also want to watch:
David Morgan, co-manager of Torridge's Environmental Protection Team, said: "This is a perfect example of the benefits of micro-chipping. Name tags can become detached or be discarded, but as the dog was micro-chipped and thankfully the owner's details had been kept up-to-date, a phone call was all it took to reunite Sammy with the family."
Torridge's Environmental Protection Team offers a micro-chipping service as part of its work to support responsible pet ownership. For more information, telephone animal welfare officer Carl Caswell on (01237) 428810 or email email@example.com
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 7 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 8 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 9 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 10 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford