Long lost dog returned to owners
A DOG that went missing two-and-a-half years ago has been reunited with its family thanks to the latest technology and Torridge District Council staff. The springer spaniel, known as Sammy, was collected by council staff last week as a stray, but after a
A DOG that went missing two-and-a-half years ago has been reunited with its family thanks to the latest technology and Torridge District Council staff.
The springer spaniel, known as Sammy, was collected by council staff last week as a stray, but after a check up was found to have been micro-chipped some time ago.
The Environmental Protection Team were able to telephone owners, who were delighted to hear that Sammy had been found alive and well after all this time.
The Torridge family, who asked not to be named, believe the dog had been stolen from their home outside the area. They said Sammy remembered his home very well, especially his special step where he used to wait for his bowl at dinner time.
You may also want to watch:
David Morgan, co-manager of Torridge's Environmental Protection Team, said: "This is a perfect example of the benefits of micro-chipping. Name tags can become detached or be discarded, but as the dog was micro-chipped and thankfully the owner's details had been kept up-to-date, a phone call was all it took to reunite Sammy with the family."
Torridge's Environmental Protection Team offers a micro-chipping service as part of its work to support responsible pet ownership. For more information, telephone animal welfare officer Carl Caswell on (01237) 428810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 4 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president