Lollipop men and women honoured for service
The guardians of the school run in North Devon have been awarded for their dedication.
DEVON County Council has honoured school lollipop men and women across North Devon for their long service.
School crossing patrols from across North Devon received awards, with three from North Devon and one from Torridge in the crowd.
Michael Skinner of Yeo Valley Primary School in Barnstaple received a bronze award and Carol Pincombe of South Molton C of E Junior School and Shirley Crane of Holsworthy C of E Primary received silver.
Brian Batt, for Area North, was also the only supervisor to collect an award, for which he received silver.
You may also want to watch:
Bronze awards are given to those who have served five years, and silver to those who have served for 10 years.
Stuart Hughes, cabinet member for Highways and Transportation, said: “These men and women play a really important role in our communities and have helped thousands of children across the roads over the years.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
“I want to send them my thanks and appreciation for all their hard work and to encourage anyone thinking about becoming a patroller to get in touch with us.
“All the equipment and training is provided and the work can be both rewarding and enjoyable.”
In total 34 patrols received awards in a ceremony at Coaver Club, County Hall in Exeter.