Lollipop appeal for Barnstaple and Bideford
Devon County Council recruiting for new school crossing person to cover absence and holidays.
A NEW ‘lollipop’ person is being sought to help cover school crossing patrols in the Barnstaple and Bideford areas.
Devon County Council is recruiting for the new post, which will cover holidays and absences for existing patrols.
Crossing patrol manager Andrew Eagles is hoping for a similar response to the last time an appeal was put in the Gazette.
“Following a story appealing for a patrol person for Chanters Hill in Barnstaple, not only did we manage to recruit someone, but we were able to get someone for Newport too,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“A big, big thank you to the Gazette from me and the schools.”
Jean Pennyfield was recruited to cover Chanters Hill and the Our Lady’s School area, while Stuart Chapple took on the Newport post in September.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
“I applied for the Our Lady’s position, but then they said there was a position going at Newport,” said Stuart, aged 30.
“I like being outside, working with children and making sure their safety comes first, as I have two children who go to Newport school myself. I have a laugh with the secondary school pupils too.
“I like it too because I am on my own and don’t have anyone telling me what to do.”
Anyone who would like to apply for the mobile crossing patrol position, or find out more, can contact Andrew Eagles on 01392 382247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.