‘Log cabin’ computer suite for Landkey School
All welcome to attend official opening by Nick Harvey MP on November 4.
A state-of-the-art computer building that looks like a traditional style log cabin will be the setting for pupils at Landkey Primary School to learn 21st century skills.
The brand new ICT suite at the school has been purpose built by Barnstaple-based company Lodgico and it can hold up to 30 pupils, each having access to their own new computer and software.
The facility will be officially opened on Friday, November 4 at 1.30pm by North Devon MP Nick Harvey and all are welcome to attend the opening, as well as have a look around the new building.
It replaces a small ICT suite inside the main school building which could only cater for six pupils at a time – but now whole classes can be taught together.
You may also want to watch:
The school has even redesigned its timetable to ensure every child gets a minimum of at least two hours per week using the new computer facilities.
“Pupils will become familiar with not only the standard computer programs, but will also be encouraged to become more creative and imaginative, learning skills which will equip them for a successful future in the 21st century,” said school governor Neil Phillips.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 8 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
“The design looks like a log cabin, but is highly insulated to keep running costs as low as possible. It has been built using timber wherever possible, to ensure a sustainable solution, as well as a light and airy atmosphere.”
Lodgico is an agent for Honka log homes from Finland and have designed log buildings for several schools throughout the UK, not to mention Children’s Centres, nurseries, residential properties, holiday lodges and even a home for monkeys at Monkey World!