Local schools bid for David Beckham visit
Meeting with football superstar is up for grabs as part of Paralympics sports promotion.
NORTH Devon schoolchildren are being offered the chance to meet football superstar David Beckham.
One lucky school or sports club will win a visit by the former Manchester United and England player as part of a nationwide Sainsbury’s campaign to celebrate the Paralympics.
Beckham has teamed up with the supermarket ahead of the games this summer to promote disabled sports to youngsters of all abilities.
Any school or group that signs up for the One Million Kids Challenge will receive a free Paralympics sports kit with everything they need to play goalball, sitting volleyball and blind football, along with a progress chart.
You may also want to watch:
The best results submitted will win a visit from the LA Galaxy star.
Other winners will get the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be involved in the Paralympic Torch Relay.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
Katie Southworth, Active Kids champion for the Barnstaple store, said: “This is an amazing chance for young people to try Paralympic sport for themselves and appreciate that a disability does not preclude anyone from being involved in sport.”
“This year’s Active Kids promotions starts on February 15 and for the first time, any sports group with a club mark accreditation can join and collect the vouchers for equipment.
To register for the One Million Kids Challenge telephone 08444 158440 or visit www.sainsburys.co.uk/1millionkids