Local schools bid for David Beckham visit
Meeting with football superstar is up for grabs as part of Paralympics sports promotion.
NORTH Devon schoolchildren are being offered the chance to meet football superstar David Beckham.
One lucky school or sports club will win a visit by the former Manchester United and England player as part of a nationwide Sainsbury’s campaign to celebrate the Paralympics.
Beckham has teamed up with the supermarket ahead of the games this summer to promote disabled sports to youngsters of all abilities.
Any school or group that signs up for the One Million Kids Challenge will receive a free Paralympics sports kit with everything they need to play goalball, sitting volleyball and blind football, along with a progress chart.
You may also want to watch:
The best results submitted will win a visit from the LA Galaxy star.
Other winners will get the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be involved in the Paralympic Torch Relay.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
Katie Southworth, Active Kids champion for the Barnstaple store, said: “This is an amazing chance for young people to try Paralympic sport for themselves and appreciate that a disability does not preclude anyone from being involved in sport.”
“This year’s Active Kids promotions starts on February 15 and for the first time, any sports group with a club mark accreditation can join and collect the vouchers for equipment.
To register for the One Million Kids Challenge telephone 08444 158440 or visit www.sainsburys.co.uk/1millionkids