SIR - Here in North Devon we don’t ask for much, but one thing I know I would love is a local radio station. We used to have one in the town here in Bideford but it got moved to Barnstaple, which at the time I thought how can it be local it’s 10 miles away!!!
Anyway, that went on fine until it got taken over and now their idea of local is Exeter during the day and London the rest of the time. Without being rude, how can someone in London be classed as local radio????
They don’t know how to pronounce the local places properly and their idea of travel reporting is diabolical - hardly a mention for us here in North Devon Which is one of the reasons I don’t listen to radio 2. Personally I don’t need to know how congested the M25 is.
I miss our local station. There was “The Voice radio on for about a month but they had to go as they didn’t have the full-time licence. Currently they are broadcasting in Barnstaple which is brilliant unless like me you live in Bideford. I was so much happier when I could listen on FM!!!
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 7 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?