Local couple to reopen Stibb Cross pub
THE Old Union Inn at Stibb Cross, near Torrington, is reopening on Friday. The previously closed pub has been bought by locals Nigel and Sue Harris, who are being ably assisted in the business by Nigel s daughters Tracey and Beverley. The Old Union In
THE Old Union Inn at Stibb Cross, near Torrington, is reopening on Friday.
The previously closed pub has been bought by locals Nigel and Sue Harris, who are being ably assisted in the business by Nigel's daughters Tracey and Beverley.
The Old Union Inn is the only pub in the village and Sue and Nigel are looking to bring it back into the heart of the community. They are keen to attract the locals, while also bringing in passing trade, as the pub is well positioned to capitalise on this throughout the year, more so in the summer months.
Sue and Nigel are introducing a new bar snack menu with a full roast available on Sundays. New sports teams are going to be formed and they are looking for keen darts and pool players. They also hope to open a village shop within the property and have had tremendous support from the locals for this new service.
You may also want to watch:
A detached two storey character property with singe storey additions it is situated in the centre of the village on a sizeable corner plot. The trade accommodation is arranged on the ground floor with private living accommodation above.
Nigel and Sue have totally refurbished it internally and externally, including new electrics and a new roof. They have created a new bar area with seating for around 60, a dining area for 12 and a pool room.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 3 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 7 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 8 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 9 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 10 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
Outside they have landscaped and paved the trade gardens to provide an outside seating area along with a smoking shelter. They have also upgraded the parking area which can take 25-plus cars.
Stonesmith sold the freehold for Enterprise Inns off an asking price of �275,000.