Which political parties are targeting you on Facebook this General Election?
- Credit: Archant
We’ve teamed up with The Bureau for Investigative Journalism (TBIJ) to find out who is targeting Facebook users in North Devon with political adverts, known as ‘dark ads’.
In the 2015 General Election and last year’s EU Referendum campaign, millions of pounds was spent buying political adverts on Facebook and targeting them to specific groups.
But we know little about who was behind some of these ‘dark ads’ - and unlike adverts put in newspapers or on television they are unregulated.
We hope to help throw some light on this – but we need your help.
A project called Who Targets Me tracks the political advertising in your Facebook newsfeed.
You may also want to watch:
And Who Targets Me is recruiting social media users to share the information they are being shown with them.
They will then share that information with The Bureau Local, part of TBIJ.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
From that data we can find out which political groups are using these adverts and what they are showing all of us.
Sign up for Who Targets Me? here.