Video and pictures: Early Lib Dem ‘win’ in Torridge
- Credit: @TIDYEYEPR
Bell Inn customers have their say on who should be running the country with a spoof election.
Punters pre-empted polling day by casting their ‘votes’ in a mock election at the Bell Inn pub in Monkleigh last night (Wednesday).
The fun event was hosted by proprietors Nicky and Peter Gregory, with Nicky serving as official adjudicator.
As is expected with the real thing, the margins were very tight, with the Liberal Democrats just squeezing into top spot with six votes.
UKIP polled five and the Conservatives four, with no votes for the Green Party or Labour.
You may also want to watch:
Customers discussed today’s election over traditional ales and pub fare and even suggested some possible coalitions they would like to see.
This saw a Conservative and Lib Dem coalition or a Conservative/UKIP pairing as the most popular choices, with no takers for the prospect of Labour teaming up with the SNP or Lib Dems.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors