Video and pictures: Early Lib Dem ‘win’ in Torridge
- Credit: @TIDYEYEPR
Bell Inn customers have their say on who should be running the country with a spoof election.
Punters pre-empted polling day by casting their ‘votes’ in a mock election at the Bell Inn pub in Monkleigh last night (Wednesday).
The fun event was hosted by proprietors Nicky and Peter Gregory, with Nicky serving as official adjudicator.
As is expected with the real thing, the margins were very tight, with the Liberal Democrats just squeezing into top spot with six votes.
UKIP polled five and the Conservatives four, with no votes for the Green Party or Labour.
You may also want to watch:
Customers discussed today’s election over traditional ales and pub fare and even suggested some possible coalitions they would like to see.
This saw a Conservative and Lib Dem coalition or a Conservative/UKIP pairing as the most popular choices, with no takers for the prospect of Labour teaming up with the SNP or Lib Dems.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 10 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction