Video and pictures: Early Lib Dem ‘win’ in Torridge
- Credit: @TIDYEYEPR
Bell Inn customers have their say on who should be running the country with a spoof election.
Punters pre-empted polling day by casting their ‘votes’ in a mock election at the Bell Inn pub in Monkleigh last night (Wednesday).
The fun event was hosted by proprietors Nicky and Peter Gregory, with Nicky serving as official adjudicator.
As is expected with the real thing, the margins were very tight, with the Liberal Democrats just squeezing into top spot with six votes.
UKIP polled five and the Conservatives four, with no votes for the Green Party or Labour.
You may also want to watch:
Customers discussed today’s election over traditional ales and pub fare and even suggested some possible coalitions they would like to see.
This saw a Conservative and Lib Dem coalition or a Conservative/UKIP pairing as the most popular choices, with no takers for the prospect of Labour teaming up with the SNP or Lib Dems.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton