Video and pictures: Early Lib Dem ‘win’ in Torridge
- Credit: @TIDYEYEPR
Bell Inn customers have their say on who should be running the country with a spoof election.
Punters pre-empted polling day by casting their ‘votes’ in a mock election at the Bell Inn pub in Monkleigh last night (Wednesday).
The fun event was hosted by proprietors Nicky and Peter Gregory, with Nicky serving as official adjudicator.
As is expected with the real thing, the margins were very tight, with the Liberal Democrats just squeezing into top spot with six votes.
UKIP polled five and the Conservatives four, with no votes for the Green Party or Labour.
You may also want to watch:
Customers discussed today’s election over traditional ales and pub fare and even suggested some possible coalitions they would like to see.
This saw a Conservative and Lib Dem coalition or a Conservative/UKIP pairing as the most popular choices, with no takers for the prospect of Labour teaming up with the SNP or Lib Dems.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 4 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 5 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 6 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 7 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon