Thinking of standing as a councillor in the local elections?
- Credit: Archant
An event is being held in Bideford next month for anyone who might want to stand as a councillor in this year’s local elections.
On May 2, people will be voting to fill the district council’s 36 seats for Torridge.
The council will be holding an evening event for anyone interested in becoming a councillor on March 6, at 6pm, in Bideford Town Hall.
Just turn up on the night to find out more about becoming a councillor and put your name forward for nomination.
Councillor Jane Whittaker, TDC leader, said: “While cuts in central government grants have made recent times somewhat challenging, we still have a real ‘can-do’ team spirit amongst the councillors here at Torridge and long may that continue.
You may also want to watch:
“We need people from all walks of life to represent their communities, so I would encourage people not to pre-judge whether they might or might not be suitable for the role.
“Just come along and find out about what is ultimately a great way of giving back.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
“And then seriously consider taking part in helping to shape the future of your area.”