Thinking of standing as a councillor in next election?
- Credit: Archant
Special briefing to be held for anyone considering standing in May 2015 election as a district councillor.
Torridge District Council is hosting a special briefing for anyone considering standing as a councillor in the local elections.
On May 7, 2015, local elections will take place and electors will choose who they want to represent them for the next four years.
On Thursday, March 5, Torridge will hold the prospective candidate briefing in the committee room at Riverbank House, Bideford, at 7pm.
There is no need to register, and anyone can turn up and hear more about what being a district councillor entails, and how to complete the nomination process.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a chance to ask questions and take nomination papers away with you.
Councillor Philip Collins,Torridge leader, said: “There are two reasons I became a Councillor: one, a friend suggested I should (and yes we are still friends); and secondly I wanted to give something back to the area.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
“While cuts in central government grants have made recent years somewhat challenging, we have a good can-do team spirit amongst councillors here at Torridge and long may that continue.
“We need people from all walks of life to represent the community so I would encourage people not to pre-judge whether they might or might not suit the role.
“Come along and find out about what is ultimately a great way of giving back to the community.”