Register to vote before April 20, warns Torridge District Council
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Council warns people to get registered to vote before May 7 General Election.
The May 7 election are fast approaching and you have until April 20 to register your vote.
Last week Torridge District Council began sending out polling cards to residents who are registered to vote.
Paula Hunter. electoral services manager said: “Everyone who is registered to vote will receive a polling card.
“If you don’t receive one, it may mean you’re not registered to vote and you should contact the election team to check.”
Recent research conducted by YouGov found 21 per cent of people who rent privately think they’re automatically registered to vote if they pay council tax.
And 69 per cent of people do not know when the deadline is to vote.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 8 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
- 9 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 10 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
For more information about registering to vote or applying for a postal or proxy vote please contact the elections team at Torridge District Council.
Phone 01237 428739 or email email@example.com
Information about the elections and voting can also be found on the Councils website www.torridge.gov.uk/elections.