Register to vote before April 20, warns Torridge District Council
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Council warns people to get registered to vote before May 7 General Election.
The May 7 election are fast approaching and you have until April 20 to register your vote.
Last week Torridge District Council began sending out polling cards to residents who are registered to vote.
Paula Hunter. electoral services manager said: “Everyone who is registered to vote will receive a polling card.
“If you don’t receive one, it may mean you’re not registered to vote and you should contact the election team to check.”
You may also want to watch:
Recent research conducted by YouGov found 21 per cent of people who rent privately think they’re automatically registered to vote if they pay council tax.
And 69 per cent of people do not know when the deadline is to vote.
- 1 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 2 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 3 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 4 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 5 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 6 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 7 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 8 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 9 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 10 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
For more information about registering to vote or applying for a postal or proxy vote please contact the elections team at Torridge District Council.
Phone 01237 428739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the elections and voting can also be found on the Councils website www.torridge.gov.uk/elections.