Register to vote before April 20, warns Torridge District Council
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Council warns people to get registered to vote before May 7 General Election.
The May 7 election are fast approaching and you have until April 20 to register your vote.
Last week Torridge District Council began sending out polling cards to residents who are registered to vote.
Paula Hunter. electoral services manager said: “Everyone who is registered to vote will receive a polling card.
“If you don’t receive one, it may mean you’re not registered to vote and you should contact the election team to check.”
You may also want to watch:
Recent research conducted by YouGov found 21 per cent of people who rent privately think they’re automatically registered to vote if they pay council tax.
And 69 per cent of people do not know when the deadline is to vote.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
For more information about registering to vote or applying for a postal or proxy vote please contact the elections team at Torridge District Council.
Phone 01237 428739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the elections and voting can also be found on the Councils website www.torridge.gov.uk/elections.