Register to vote before April 20, warns Torridge District Council
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Council warns people to get registered to vote before May 7 General Election.
The May 7 election are fast approaching and you have until April 20 to register your vote.
Last week Torridge District Council began sending out polling cards to residents who are registered to vote.
Paula Hunter. electoral services manager said: “Everyone who is registered to vote will receive a polling card.
“If you don’t receive one, it may mean you’re not registered to vote and you should contact the election team to check.”
You may also want to watch:
Recent research conducted by YouGov found 21 per cent of people who rent privately think they’re automatically registered to vote if they pay council tax.
And 69 per cent of people do not know when the deadline is to vote.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
For more information about registering to vote or applying for a postal or proxy vote please contact the elections team at Torridge District Council.
Phone 01237 428739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the elections and voting can also be found on the Councils website www.torridge.gov.uk/elections.