North Devon Labour candidate Mark Cann launches election bid
- Credit: Archant
The campaign trail across North Devon begins as Mark Cann launches his election campaign.
Labour has launched its North Devon General Election campaign on the streets of Ilfracombe.
Local members came out to support their candidate, Mark Cann.
“It’s no surprise that we have had such a positive reaction here in Ilfracombe,” said Mr Cann. “We have some of the lowest wages in the constituency here and the local economy needs the boost that will come from Labour’s commitment to increasing the Minimum Wage.
“Health issues are also high on people’s agenda here. The closure of beds at the Tyrell makes no sense – if we are to unblock beds at the district hospital we need these community based facilities.
You may also want to watch:
“Labour’s plans to invest in our NHS will mean a unified health and social care system with more nurses, doctors and carers with the time and resources to care.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 6 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 9 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 10 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!