North Devon Labour candidate Mark Cann launches election bid
- Credit: Archant
The campaign trail across North Devon begins as Mark Cann launches his election campaign.
Labour has launched its North Devon General Election campaign on the streets of Ilfracombe.
Local members came out to support their candidate, Mark Cann.
“It’s no surprise that we have had such a positive reaction here in Ilfracombe,” said Mr Cann. “We have some of the lowest wages in the constituency here and the local economy needs the boost that will come from Labour’s commitment to increasing the Minimum Wage.
“Health issues are also high on people’s agenda here. The closure of beds at the Tyrell makes no sense – if we are to unblock beds at the district hospital we need these community based facilities.
You may also want to watch:
“Labour’s plans to invest in our NHS will mean a unified health and social care system with more nurses, doctors and carers with the time and resources to care.”
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 5 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 6 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 10 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer