North Devon Labour candidate Mark Cann launches election bid
- Credit: Archant
The campaign trail across North Devon begins as Mark Cann launches his election campaign.
Labour has launched its North Devon General Election campaign on the streets of Ilfracombe.
Local members came out to support their candidate, Mark Cann.
“It’s no surprise that we have had such a positive reaction here in Ilfracombe,” said Mr Cann. “We have some of the lowest wages in the constituency here and the local economy needs the boost that will come from Labour’s commitment to increasing the Minimum Wage.
“Health issues are also high on people’s agenda here. The closure of beds at the Tyrell makes no sense – if we are to unblock beds at the district hospital we need these community based facilities.
You may also want to watch:
“Labour’s plans to invest in our NHS will mean a unified health and social care system with more nurses, doctors and carers with the time and resources to care.”
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death