North Devon Gazette to host online election hustings
- Credit: Archant
Your chance to quiz North Devon and Torridge candidates on local issues during live web chat before the general election in May.
The Gazette will be hosting online election evenings for North Devon and Torridge – and we want to hear any burning questions you have for the candidates.
All of the contenders for the North Devon seat have been invited to take part in our online debate on Thursday, March 26.
Challengers in Torridge will come under the spotlight on Wednesday, April 1.
The events will be run in the same way as a traditional hustings, giving readers the opportunity to take part on the night and put your questions to would-be MPs – live.
You may also want to watch:
As well as questions on local and national policy, the interactive web chats will also give you the chance to get to know the personalities behind the names vying for a seat in Parliament on May 7.
You can submit questions to us in advance and we’ll put them to the candidates on the night – whether it be their views on the economy, or their favourite flavour of crisp.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 7 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 8 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 9 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 10 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
You’ll be able to follow both events live on our website www.northdevongazette.co.uk, from 7-9pm, and you’ll also be able to get involved on the night on Twitter, using the hashtags #VoteNorthDevon or #VoteTorridge.
Send your questions to email@example.com, call 01271 341627, tweet @northdevon24 or write to us at the usual address.