Election 2017: North Devon and Torridge election results: all the General Election results and reaction locally and nationally
- Credit: Archant
We bring you the General Election results LIVE from the North Devon and Torridge election counts - plus you can join in with your reaction and see how the political picture emerges nationally. Join us through Thursday night and Friday morning for the election latest.
Throughout today (Thursday) North Devon and Torridge will be casting their vote on the future of the country.
Voters will take to the polls for the General Election to decide who they want to represent them in Parliament.
And we’re bringing you all the latest results and reaction throughout Thursday night and Friday morning.
The polls are open from 7am - 10pm, and after that the ballot papers will be collected and counted.
You may also want to watch:
Counting of votes will start immediately after the close and continue throughout the night, with the first seat usually being announced before midnight.
In North Devon, votes will be counted at the leisure centre in Barnstaple, while the Torridge and West Devon count will take place at Langtree Parish Hall.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
At present North Devon is expected to reveal its results between 4am and 6am, with Torridge and West Devon following expected between 6am and 8am on June 9.
Want to join in? Add your comments to the live blog above or tweet us using #NDElection2017