Nick Harvey launches Lib Dem election campaign
- Credit: Archant
Nick Harvey has launched his re-election campaign for the General Election on May 7.
The Liberal Democrat parliamentary candidate for North Devon, who has been an MP since 1992, said: “I look forward to speaking to local people across the constituency over the next six weeks about the issues that really matter to them at this election.
“The economy and public service provision will feature highly this time around. All the major parties are committed to tackling the remaining deficit – albeit on different timelines – but who can be trusted to do this in a fair way is the critical issue.
“North Devon needs an experienced Liberal Democrat voice with solid roots in our community and connections across the political divide to stand up for everyone – rural or urban, rich or poor.
“In recent years we have achieved much: winning back economic grants for North Devon, securing millions for our local schools, a vast expansion of apprenticeships and getting improvements to the North Devon Link Road onto the table. But there is much more to be done – and I intend to fight hard for upgrades to road and rail links, access to faster broadband and support for local businesses as a committed local campaigner. Let’s get on with the job at hand.”
You may also want to watch:
Lib Dem North Devon Council leader Brian Greenslade also launched the district, town and parish election campaign.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody