Nick Harvey launches Lib Dem election campaign
- Credit: Archant
Nick Harvey has launched his re-election campaign for the General Election on May 7.
The Liberal Democrat parliamentary candidate for North Devon, who has been an MP since 1992, said: “I look forward to speaking to local people across the constituency over the next six weeks about the issues that really matter to them at this election.
“The economy and public service provision will feature highly this time around. All the major parties are committed to tackling the remaining deficit – albeit on different timelines – but who can be trusted to do this in a fair way is the critical issue.
“North Devon needs an experienced Liberal Democrat voice with solid roots in our community and connections across the political divide to stand up for everyone – rural or urban, rich or poor.
“In recent years we have achieved much: winning back economic grants for North Devon, securing millions for our local schools, a vast expansion of apprenticeships and getting improvements to the North Devon Link Road onto the table. But there is much more to be done – and I intend to fight hard for upgrades to road and rail links, access to faster broadband and support for local businesses as a committed local campaigner. Let’s get on with the job at hand.”
You may also want to watch:
Lib Dem North Devon Council leader Brian Greenslade also launched the district, town and parish election campaign.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 4 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Take on an Incredible Hike for Children’s Hospice South West