Greens select a new prospective parliamentary candidate for North Devon
- Credit: Archant
The North Devon Green Party has selected Robbie Mack to be its new prospective parliamentary candidate.
Robbie, who was born and grew up in Barnstaple, said: “I care deeply about this area and would love to contribute to its success as the next MP for North Devon.
“North Devon is often lost and forgotten in Westminster and I want to correct this. I am determined to put us back on the map.”
He was selected from a choice of four local candidates in an online vote following a hustings held in South Molton, and added: “If elected, I will work tirelessly for the people of North Devon, to improve their lives and for all of our futures.”
Robbie takes over from former Pilton Community College teacher Ricky Knight, who has withdrawn from the position to spend more time with his family.
You may also want to watch:
Ricky said that Robbie’s drive and dedication will prove invaluable and he is very happy to be passing the baton on.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone