Greens select a new prospective parliamentary candidate for North Devon
- Credit: Archant
The North Devon Green Party has selected Robbie Mack to be its new prospective parliamentary candidate.
Robbie, who was born and grew up in Barnstaple, said: “I care deeply about this area and would love to contribute to its success as the next MP for North Devon.
“North Devon is often lost and forgotten in Westminster and I want to correct this. I am determined to put us back on the map.”
He was selected from a choice of four local candidates in an online vote following a hustings held in South Molton, and added: “If elected, I will work tirelessly for the people of North Devon, to improve their lives and for all of our futures.”
Robbie takes over from former Pilton Community College teacher Ricky Knight, who has withdrawn from the position to spend more time with his family.
You may also want to watch:
Ricky said that Robbie’s drive and dedication will prove invaluable and he is very happy to be passing the baton on.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion