Greens select a new prospective parliamentary candidate for North Devon
- Credit: Archant
The North Devon Green Party has selected Robbie Mack to be its new prospective parliamentary candidate.
Robbie, who was born and grew up in Barnstaple, said: “I care deeply about this area and would love to contribute to its success as the next MP for North Devon.
“North Devon is often lost and forgotten in Westminster and I want to correct this. I am determined to put us back on the map.”
He was selected from a choice of four local candidates in an online vote following a hustings held in South Molton, and added: “If elected, I will work tirelessly for the people of North Devon, to improve their lives and for all of our futures.”
Robbie takes over from former Pilton Community College teacher Ricky Knight, who has withdrawn from the position to spend more time with his family.
You may also want to watch:
Ricky said that Robbie’s drive and dedication will prove invaluable and he is very happy to be passing the baton on.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?