Lib Dems announce election candidate for Torridge and West Devon seat
- Credit: Archant
David Chalmers has announced he will be challenging Geoffrey Cox for the Torridge and West Devon seat in the June elections.
The Liberal Democrats have announced their candidate for the Torridge and West Devon in the June elections.
David Chalmers has thrown his hat into the ring for the June 8 election.
Announcing his standing on his Facebook page, he said: “Torridge and West Devon needs an MP who is dedicated full-time to serving its people and standing up for them on the floor of the House of Commons.
“I have been campaigning across Northern Devon to save our hospitals and protect our school budgets.
You may also want to watch:
“I care about my community in rural Devon; I am chair of finance on Fremington Parish Council; I am a trustee of North Devon Sunrise and a governor of Petroc College.
“I am not a career politician, I come from a business background and want to use my experience to bring investment and decent paying jobs to Torridge and West Devon.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
Geoffrey Cox will be campaigning to keep his seat in Torridge and West Devon, after being reselected to stand for the Conservatives.
In the 2015 elections, Mr Cox took more than 50 per cent of the votes in a landslide victory.
He polled 28,774 votes - beating his UKIP rival, who gained 10,371 votes.
Chris Jordan from Westward Ho! has been nominated as the Green Party candidate for Torridge. UKIP and Labour are yet to announce who will be standing for the Torridge and West Devon seat.