General Election 2019: Polling stations open in North Devon and Torridge to cast your vote
- Credit: Matt Smart
It’s finally time for North Devon and Torridge to go to the polls for General Election 2019.
Polling stations are open on Thursday (December 12) for the public to vote and decide on the next UK government.
Those registered to vote can do so by visiting their nearest polling stations between 7am and 10pm tonight.
To find your polling station, visit wheredoivote.co.uk.
You don't need your poll card to vote, but you must vote at your assigned polling station.
You'll be voting for who you want to represent you in parliament - with the results expected early tomorrow morning.
You may also want to watch:
Verification and counting of votes will start immediately after the close and continue throughout the night, with the first seat usually being announced before midnight.
In North Devon, votes will be counted at Tarka Tennis Centre in Barnstaple, while the Torridge and West Devon count will take place at Langtree Parish Hall.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 8 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 9 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
Want to join in? Tweet us using #NDElection2019.