General Election 2019: Candidates for North Devon and Torridge and West Devon seats confirmed
- Credit: Matt Smart
The General Election candidates for seats in North Devon and Torridge and West Devon have been announced.
There are five new candidates vying to take outgoing member Peter Heaton-Jones' place and become the new MP for North Devon.
Independent candidate Steve Cotten is going up against Conservative, Green, Labour and Liberal Democrat candidates.
There's an independent candidate in Torridge too, with Bob Wootton standing for election against the main parties.
Three candidates who stood in 2017 will be battling it out again this time round, and Siobhan Strode is standing for Labour.
Voters will head to the polls on Thursday, December 12
Those wishing to have their say have until 5pm on November 26 to register to vote.
Full list of candidates for North Devon and Torridge and West Devon:
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
- 10 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
Steve Cotton (Independent)
Robbie Mack (Green Party)
Finola O'Neill (Labour Party)
Selaine Saxby (Conservative Party)
Alex White (Liberal Democrats)
Torridge and West Devon
David Chalmers (Liberal Democrats)
Geoffrey Cox (Conservative Party)
Chris Jordan (Green Party)
Siobhan Strode (Labour Party)
Bob Wootton (Independent)