General Election 2019: Candidates for North Devon and Torridge and West Devon seats confirmed
- Credit: Matt Smart
The General Election candidates for seats in North Devon and Torridge and West Devon have been announced.
There are five new candidates vying to take outgoing member Peter Heaton-Jones' place and become the new MP for North Devon.
Independent candidate Steve Cotten is going up against Conservative, Green, Labour and Liberal Democrat candidates.
There's an independent candidate in Torridge too, with Bob Wootton standing for election against the main parties.
Three candidates who stood in 2017 will be battling it out again this time round, and Siobhan Strode is standing for Labour.
You may also want to watch:
Voters will head to the polls on Thursday, December 12
Those wishing to have their say have until 5pm on November 26 to register to vote.
Full list of candidates for North Devon and Torridge and West Devon:
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
Steve Cotton (Independent)
Robbie Mack (Green Party)
Finola O'Neill (Labour Party)
Selaine Saxby (Conservative Party)
Alex White (Liberal Democrats)
Torridge and West Devon
David Chalmers (Liberal Democrats)
Geoffrey Cox (Conservative Party)
Chris Jordan (Green Party)
Siobhan Strode (Labour Party)
Bob Wootton (Independent)