General Election 2019: Candidates for North Devon and Torridge and West Devon seats confirmed
- Credit: Matt Smart
The General Election candidates for seats in North Devon and Torridge and West Devon have been announced.
There are five new candidates vying to take outgoing member Peter Heaton-Jones' place and become the new MP for North Devon.
Independent candidate Steve Cotten is going up against Conservative, Green, Labour and Liberal Democrat candidates.
There's an independent candidate in Torridge too, with Bob Wootton standing for election against the main parties.
Three candidates who stood in 2017 will be battling it out again this time round, and Siobhan Strode is standing for Labour.
You may also want to watch:
Voters will head to the polls on Thursday, December 12
Those wishing to have their say have until 5pm on November 26 to register to vote.
Full list of candidates for North Devon and Torridge and West Devon:
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 9 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 10 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
Steve Cotton (Independent)
Robbie Mack (Green Party)
Finola O'Neill (Labour Party)
Selaine Saxby (Conservative Party)
Alex White (Liberal Democrats)
Torridge and West Devon
David Chalmers (Liberal Democrats)
Geoffrey Cox (Conservative Party)
Chris Jordan (Green Party)
Siobhan Strode (Labour Party)
Bob Wootton (Independent)