General Election 2019: Candidates for North Devon and Torridge and West Devon seats confirmed
- Credit: Matt Smart
The General Election candidates for seats in North Devon and Torridge and West Devon have been announced.
There are five new candidates vying to take outgoing member Peter Heaton-Jones' place and become the new MP for North Devon.
Independent candidate Steve Cotten is going up against Conservative, Green, Labour and Liberal Democrat candidates.
There's an independent candidate in Torridge too, with Bob Wootton standing for election against the main parties.
Three candidates who stood in 2017 will be battling it out again this time round, and Siobhan Strode is standing for Labour.
You may also want to watch:
Voters will head to the polls on Thursday, December 12
Those wishing to have their say have until 5pm on November 26 to register to vote.
Full list of candidates for North Devon and Torridge and West Devon:
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
Steve Cotton (Independent)
Robbie Mack (Green Party)
Finola O'Neill (Labour Party)
Selaine Saxby (Conservative Party)
Alex White (Liberal Democrats)
Torridge and West Devon
David Chalmers (Liberal Democrats)
Geoffrey Cox (Conservative Party)
Chris Jordan (Green Party)
Siobhan Strode (Labour Party)
Bob Wootton (Independent)