General election 2017: North Devon will be ‘closely fought’ says Conservative candidate
- Credit: Archant
Watch as North Devon’s Conservative candidate Peter Heaton-Jones chats about the forthcoming general election and why he is standing
North Devon’s Conservative candidate for the general election says he is taking nothing for granted before polling day on June 8.
Peter Heaton-Jones, who was elected as MP in 2015, says he is proud of what he has achieved in the past two years and will be setting that record out as one of two reasons why people should vote for him.
He said: “My campaign message is very clear – the only way to ensure we return Theresa May as prime minister and we get the best possible Brexit is to vote Conservative in North Devon and secondly I am proud of the record of achievement of the past two years.”
Mr Heaton-Jones was speaking to the North Devon Gazette as part of our ongoing series of interviews with the general election candidates – and you can watch the full interview here.
You may also want to watch:
He also warned he was taking nothing for granted, since North Devon had been a Liberal Democrat seat for 23 years under Nick Harvey until the last election.
Mr Heaton-Jones said: “I am sure this will be a closely fought contest, as they always are in North Devon, but my message will still be very clear – if you vote Liberal Democrat you risk helping to elect a left wing coalition led by Jeremy Corbyn.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 8 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality